The Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
APPE International Conference
Call for Abstracts and Presentations
*Deadline Extended to October 16!*
This 25th Anniversary call invites individuals from all disciplines and professions interested in advancing scholarship, teaching and a general understanding of practical and professional ethics. Submissions are invited on ethical issues in all fields including business, engineering, government, media, law, medicine, science and technology as well as interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary issues that cut across professions such as biomedical, educational, environmental, public health and research.
The Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE) is a multidisciplinary, international organization advancing scholarship, education, and practice in practical and professional ethics. We facilitate and support collaboration among scholars and teachers, business and government leaders, and professionals from all areas concerned with the practical application of ethics and values.
We invite submissions in the following categories: (1) Individual Presentations; (2) Panel Discussions; (3) Pedagogical Demonstrations; (4) Case Studies; (5) Posters; (6) Creative Arts (e.g., short play, poetry, or fiction); (7) Book submissions of recent works in ethics.
In practice, one individual submission per person will be accepted.
Click here for the Submission Guidelines and Categories.
Please, see the list of Important Deadlines at the bottom of this page for specific submission deadlines.
Special Program Topics
For the 2016 APPE Conference we encourage participation and submissions in the following special topic areas:
- Political and Government Ethics
- Future of Practical and Professional Ethics
Special Interest Sections
APPE sponsors many opportunities for advancing research and professional practice through Special Interest Sections. These interest sections put you in touch with international leaders in your field that are developing and implementing program sessions at the conference.
The Association facilitates and supports special interest sections for those with particular interests in the following areas:
- Biomedical Ethics
- Business Ethics
- Engineering, Science and Technology Ethics
- Journalism and Media Ethics
- Research Ethics
New Special Interest Sections are being developed in the following areas:
- Action Research Ethics
- Public Health Ethics
- Social Work Ethics
For further information on the APPE Special Interest Sections, please contact Stuart D. Yoak, Executive Director, at the Association headquarters, phone: (812) 855-6450 or email: email@example.com
Paper Competitions and Awards
- Best Formal Paper by an Early Career Scholar – $500 prize
- Best Formal Paper by a Graduate Student – $500 prize
- Karen M. T. Muskavitch Award for Graduate Work in Practical Ethics – $500 prize
- Undergraduate Formal Paper Competition – Free Conference Registration
- Best Formal Paper on Pre-College Ethics – $750 First prize and $500 Second prize
Click here for more information on the Paper Competitions and Awards page.
For additional information, registration, and updates on the 2016 APPE Annual International Conference, see the Annual Conference page of the APPE website.
20th Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl International Championships
New Submission Deadline:
Friday, September 25, 2015
*Extended to October 16!*
- July Registration opens
- September 25 Program and Book Submissions (Except for Special Paper Competition submissions)*Extended to October 16!*
- November 3 Paper Competition Submissions
- November 30 End of Early Bird Registration
- December Notification of Program Presenters
- January 8 Deadline for Audio Visual Request Forms
- January 8 National Ethics Bowl Team Registration ends
- January 8 Publisher Ads deadline
- January 18 End of On-Time Registration
- January 28 Hotel Reservations deadline
- February 2 Meal Reservations with Payment deadline
Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
618 East 3rd Street, Bloomington, IN 47405